The aircraft is equipped with the new Integrated digital aircraft con-trol system (ICS) carried out the functions of Fly-by-wire and Automatic Flight Control systems, Signal limiting system and Air Data System, and Landing Gear Wheel Braking Control System.
Aerodynamically it is similar to the Su-27. But unlike the Su-30MKI it will feature no canard fins. All the three channels will have electrically signaled control without mechanical cabling. The use of a new integrated control system (developed by MNPK Avionika Moscow-based Research and Production Association) simultaneously performing functions of several systems – remote control, automatic control, limiting signals system, air signals system, chassis wheels braking system – will enhance the fighter’s handling capability and maneuverability.
KSU-35 INTEGRATED FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM
The digital redundant integrated flight control system is developed for the Su-35 aircraft equipping. It implements following functions:
• Manual fly-by-wire control of the aircraft control surfaces via hydraulic actuators by pilot commands and flight parameter sensor signals.
• Manual fly-by-wire control of engine thrust and thrust vector via engine nozzle swiveling parts.
• Automatic and flight-director control of the aircraft.
• Provides the object movement control on the ground by means of the nose landing gear wheel (swiveling part) turn and the main landing gear wheels braking with anti-skidding .
• Measures, calculates and delivers to consumers information about current values of altitude-speed flight parameters.
• Defines the maximum permissible values of flight parameters in accordance with information about current load and fuelling, flight condition and serviceability of interacting systems.
• Generates and delivers information into external systems to report about the flight parameters approaching to the maximum permissible values and prevents automatically the flight parameters spillover.
• Provides automatic obstacle collision avoidance (earth surface, other aircraft, armaments, its own air armaments fragments and others) by signals from information management system of an airborne equipment complex.
• Aircraft stability and controllability during in-flight refueling.
• Automatic pre-start check of serviceability and continuous in-flight monitoring with failure localization and results output.
Mass, kg no more than 73
Consumed dc power, W:
• nonmetering airspeed head heating 750
• subject to airspeed head heating 1250
KSU-35 is a redundant integrated digital control system for Su-35 end item. It functions as a remote control system, an automatic control system, a limiting signal system, and an air data computer system, a wheel braking system and a nosewheel steering system as well as active safety.
1. Providing manual and automatic control for the End Item movement in flight with necessary characteristics of stability and controllability into all the operational range of flight altitude and flight speed, mass and balance by electric remote control for hydraulic actuators of control surfaces deflection and swiveling parts of nozzles.
2. Providing main landing gear wheel braking with anti-skidding by electric remote control for hydraulic brake hardware.
3. Measuring, computing and distributing information to consumers about the current values of flight parameters: total pressure, impact pressure and static pressure; real and local angles of attack and angles of slipping; air temperature; indicated airspeed and true airspeed; pressure altitude; Mach number; vertical speed and normal G-force.
4. Definition of the tolerance limit values of flight parameters (indicated airspeed and true airspeed, Mach number, angles of attack and angles of slipping, normal G-force) in accordance with the information about the current load and the current fuel load, a regime of flight and serviceability of interactive systems.
5. Formation of data and distribution of it to external systems to inform about the flight parameters that approach to the tolerance limit values and to prevent automatically that the flight parameters are out of limits.
6. Providing automatic avoidance of collision (with earth surface, other aircraft, armaments, fragmentations of its own armaments and others) by signals from a management-information system of an integrated board equipment system.